4.07.2007

My Mobile Photography Setup

I recently purchased a Lowepro SlingShot 200 AW for my Canon XTI and I've found that it's a great bag to store my stuff. There are lots of pockets and the main compartment is customizable to accommodate many different camera/lens configurations. The sling style is comfortable and convenient but for some reason I haven't fully embraced this bag and I don't seem to use it when I'm out and about. Instead I have started using the following setup which is kind of a hack but it works well for me and is relatively versatile.




Case Logic SLR Camera Holster (SKU-SLRC-1) is the main compartment for my camera and works well with the XTI kit lens or my 50mm 1.8. This bag slips into my main bag...





REI Transit Day Bag
which holds the case logic, an extra lens, some accessories and various other things with room to spare. All of my gear is easily accessible and the bag itself seems to be pretty comfortable even when loaded. I also like the fact that it doesn't look like a camera bag. I'll have to see if this setup will remain my primary as my lens collection grows along with my gear but for now, this seems to be my best option.

No comments: